I’ll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers
|I’ll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers|
|Written by||John Logan|
|Date premiered||24 April 2013|
|Place premiered||Booth Theatre, New York|
I’ll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers is a 2013 American one-act play by John Logan, about the talent agentSue Mengers.
The debut 2013 American production starred Bette Midler. The play cost $2.4 million and recouped its cost in eight weeks.
The Australian premiere of the play was a new Melbourne Theatre Company production in October 2014, starring Miriam Margolyes as Mengers and directed by Dean Bryant.
In the play, Mengers claims that Jane Fonda turned down the role of Evelyn in the 1974 film Chinatown, which ended up being a defining role for Faye Dunaway. In 2013, Fonda responded by saying that director Roman Polanski had never really offered her the part, and that it was written for Dunaway.
- ^ Peter Biskind, “When Sue Was Queen”, Vanity Fair April 2000 accessed 12 July 2013
- ^ Maureen Dowd, “Baby It’s Sue!” Vanity Fair April 2013 accessed 12 July 2013
- ^ Patrick Healy, “After Years of Playing Bette, Another Role”, New York Times, April 10, 2013 accessed 12 July 2013
- ^ “Bette Midler Pushes B’way’s ‘I’ll Eat You Last’ Into the Black” Variety 30 May 2013 accessed 12 July 2013
- ^ Melbourne Theatre Company accessed 17 September 2013
- ^ http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/and-more/roman-polanski-never-offered-me-the-role-in-chinatown-jane-fonda_135862.html, first published, June 02, 2013, 11:35; viewed 7-3-2014.